The Dressage & Showjumping Pony Club State Championships comprises of two disciplines, dressage and Showjumping, which are conducted over two days, therefore a combination may compete in both disciplines. Open to qualified riders only. STATE QUALIFIERS From 2019 this event will also be open to Grade 4.
- Grade 1 | EA tests 3A and 3B (see below)
- Grade 2 | EA tests 2B and 2C (see below)
- Grade 3 | PCV tests 3D and 3E
- Grade 4 | PCV tests 4D and 4E
Equestrian Victoria have changed their tests for 2019. As a result, the tests advertised in the 2019 Dressage and Showjumping Schedule for Grades 1 and 2, will no longer be available on the website.
The PCA National Competition will be using the new 2019 tests, but will not be making an announcement until February.
In order to give our riders ample time to learn these new tests the SJ&D Sub Committee have decided to change the tests to the following:
Grade 1 Elementary Test 3A will replace Test 3.1
Grade 1 Elementary Test 3B will replace Test 3.2
Grade 2 Novice Test 2B will replace Test 2.2
Grade 2 Novice Test 2C will replace Test 2.3
There is no change to Tests for Grades 3 and 4.
We know it is not ideal to make a change like this after it has been advertised, but the Committee could see no sense in our members riding a test at States that will be different to that being ridden at the National event.
Class 1 – Competition in two Phases – (Article 274.1,5.6)
1. This competition comprises two phases run without interruption, each at an identical or different speed, the finishing line for the first phase being identical with the starting line for the second phase.
5.6 Table A not against the clock. Minimum 5 obstacles, Maximum 7 obstacles in first phase
Table A Against the clock
Remaining obstacles (Total of minimum 11 and maximum 13 obstacles in both phases
According to the aggregate penalties (faults on obstacles and penalties for exceeding the time allowed in both phases) and, if necessary, according to the time of the 2ndphase
Class 2 - Competition over Two Rounds – (Articles 273.1; 2.1; 3.4.2; 4.4)
1. This competition comprises, with the same speed, two courses, identical or different, either in track or in number of obstacles or in the dimensions of the obstacles. Each rider must participate with the same horse.Riders, who have been eliminated or who have retired during the first round, may not take part in the second round and may not be placed.
2. All the riders have to take part in the first round. The following go forward to the second round according to the conditions of the schedule:
2.1 All riders
3.4.2 Not against the clock
Against the clock
Reverse order of penalties in the 1stround; Riders retain their drawn order in case of equality of penalties
Same as 2ndround