This exciting competition is the first of a three part series in which Pony Club members across the Northern Territory may compete against one another in all age categories. Our judge, Ms Anna Thompson, will judge the same tests in Darwin on the weekend preceding the event in Alice Springs. This will allow for scores to be combined for a Territory wide competition.
This leg of the competition will be held in conjunction with the Alice Springs Dressage Club. This will allow members from both ASPC and ASDC to compete for local placings.
Conditions of Entry
1. Pony Club members are encouraged to wear formal pony club uniform for dressage (EA acceptable attire is a suitable alternative).
2. Event to be run under PCANT rules except as varied in this schedule.
3. All riders must ride to the draw.
4. All protests must be submitted in writing to the judge by the end of the last event and be accompanied by a $50 fee.
5. Each rider/horse combination may compete in a maximum of three tests and only two consecutive levels.
6. One horse/one rider only. The exception to this rule is a horse may also compete once in the lead line class only with a different rider.
7. Riders may compete on different horses. Please do separate entries per horse.
8. Age of rider to be as of 1st of January 2019. Minimum age of horse is 4 years old. No stallion, colt, entire or rig is eligible to take part in any Event or Competition conducted by the Alice Springs Pony Club Inc.
9. While a horse is out of the stable/yard at any pony club activity, the horse must be restrained with a headstall and lead or a bridle. Only horses entered in the event are permitted on competition grounds on the date of the event.
10. Lead Rein /assisted riders - The leader must not be in front of the horse’s shoulder. It is the responsibility of the parent to appoint a suitable handler/assistant for the horse and rider safety. Assisted riders being led because of documented disability will be able to be competitive in their age group. Riders who are riding “free” and who successfully complete the course, must take the placings over riders whose horses are being led.
11. Refund of Nominations will be provided when the Organising Body is advised of the scratching in writing or by telephone before the commencement of the event. A written request for a refund of nomination, including a vet or doctor’s certificate to be received by the organising committee within one week of the event.
12. All gear may be inspected by a steward prior to any event to ensure it complies with PCANT rules. Responsibility for the use of the correct saddlery and equipment according to the rules of PCANT and the specific competition rests with the competitor. Failure to comply with the rules may entail elimination from the competition.
DISCLAIMER Neither the ASPC organising committee of any contest to which these rules apply, nor the PCANT, accept any liability for any accident, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, ground, spectators or any other person or property whatsoever. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS The Organisers reserve the right: (a) to cancel any class or event. (b) to divide any class. (c) to alter the advertised times (d) to refuse any entry, with or without stating the reason (e) to transfer competitors between sections of a class (f) to combine classes if less than 3 competitors Classes offered on the day.
ENQUIRIES – 0409 281 649 or email@example.com